25 April 2006

The Joys of the Gower - La recherche du temps perdu?

My friend Siani has a wonderful blog about the Gower Peninsula with many images of what is a beautiful part of Wales.

I have only visited the Gower once myself and that was on a Zoology field trip while still at school. Although I do remember being taken by the beauty of the place, the trip was more memorable for mishaps such as being caught by the tide on Mumbles Head and having to wade back to the shore in steel capped boots in waist-deep water against a nasty riptide. Other memories include having to be dragged out of a mudflat after getting stuck fast (at the Burry Inlet I think) and coming within an ace of planting my fist on one of my teachers.

I have resolved to go back and look at it through the eyes of a forty-something unencumbered by the baggage of taxonomy and teachers.

2 comments:

Olivia LaRosa said...

OMG. What teeny little mammary mounds. I need not look for rough drawings of gonads. They are already on the site!

Agnes said...

So good to see you, Deb.