23 July 2009

Forough Farrokhzad - The Sin


I sinned, a sin all filled with pleasure
wrapped in an embraced, warm and fiery
I sinned in a pair of arms
that were vibrant, virile, violent.

In that dim and quiet place of seclusion
I looked into his eyes brimming with mystery
my heart throbbed in my chest all too excited
by the desire glowing in his eyes.


In that dim and quiet place of seclusion
as I sat next to him all scattered inside
his lips poured lust on my lips
and I left behind the sorrows of my heart.


I whispered in his ear these words of love:
“I want you, mate of my soul
I want you, life-giving embrace
I want you, lover gone mad”

Desire surged in his eyes
red wine swirled in the cup
my body surfed all over his
in the softness of the downy bed.

I sinned, a sin all filled with pleasure
next to a body now limp and languid
I know not what I did, God
in that dim and quiet place of seclusion.

3 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

[Interesting that poetry (mostly) does not attract visitors/readers to leave a comment, Jams, hm?]

The more oftewn I read it the more I like it.
Thanks for sharing, Jams.

jams o donnell said...

Ah well Sean. I like to think it leaves people speechless!

Anonymous said...

hot